About This Blog

I like food. A lot. In this blog, I will divulge all my delicious recipes, giving you a full list of ingredients, step-by-step instructions, and notes to help you successfully make the dish. Feel free to try these at home, and let me know how it went in the comments for the dish! If you have any questions, I will answer them as quickly as possible. If you use my recipe and discuss it on your site, please link back to this blog. Happy eating!

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Grilled Chicken Avocado Sandwiches



Richard and I are really into avocado lately, especially after that taco night.
We made this little number for lunch, using marinated chicken tenders. Creamy, delicious, flavourful yumminess ensued.

Ingredients:
Cut and trimmed chicken tenders (not breaded)
Swiss cheese
Lettuce
Avocado
Whole wheat buns

Marinade:
Honey mustard
Salt
Ground black pepper
Chili powder
Garlic Powder

Directions:
Marinate thawed chicken tenders overnight.
Bring grill to medium heat.
Grill marinated tenders until fully cooked, turning once to keep juices in the meat (3-5 minutes per side, depending on thickness of tenders).
Assemble sandwich!

Notes:
This is a very easy-peasy recipe, but it's become one of my favourites. The flavours work so well together, and didn't require any condiments (If you want some, obviously feel free).
Make sure to use an avocado at the correct ripeness. There are some really helpful tools on the Internet that can help you pick the right one from your grocery store.
Mix it up with this sandwich! Add tomato, spinach, or whatever tickles your fancy. For the daring, I recommend a few slices of granny smith apple.


Thank you for reading! I hope this quickie recipe has inspired you to make your own delicious summer sandwich.
As always, if you have any questions or comments, please leave them below. Don't forget to follow this blog to keep up-to-date on all the yummies!

No comments:

Post a Comment