About This Blog

I like food. A lot. In this blog, I will divulge all my delicious recipes, giving you a full list of ingredients, step-by-step instructions, and notes to help you successfully make the dish. Feel free to try these at home, and let me know how it went in the comments for the dish! If you have any questions, I will answer them as quickly as possible. If you use my recipe and discuss it on your site, please link back to this blog. Happy eating!

Thursday, August 1, 2013

The Dessert Tower


I made this dessert something like a year ago, before I started this blog, and the photo went into the archive, never to be seen again...
Until I saw it, like a flash! on Richard's screensaver. And that's when I realized this treasure must be dug up and revealed to the world.
So here it is; the dessert tower. Built with layer on layer of deliciousness, it's fun, messy, and awesome for any time of year.

Ingredients:
1 package puff pastry sheets
1 package Jell-O instant vanilla pudding
1 container Cool Whip, thawed
1 container blueberries

Directions:
Cook puff pastry according to box instructions.
Make pudding according to box instructions.
Allow puff pastry to cool to handling temperature and cut sheets into squares.
Stack Dessert Tower as desired, using pudding, Cool Whip, and berries.
Enjoy.

Notes:
As with every dessert, this one has a lot of room for some wiggle. Different flavours of pudding can be used, different berries. Chocolate chunks can be placed in the Cool Whip. Experiment with your Tower, and let me know how it goes!
Be sure to serve/eat the Towers just after assembling, or the pastry can get soggy.
This is a great party dessert! Simply cook and cut the pastry and set on a table with all kinds of fixin's. Let your guests assemble their own Towers for maximum delicious happiness!

I hope you enjoyed this recipe! Thanks for reading!
If you have any comments or questions, feel free to leave them below. Don't forget to let me know how your Tower turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment