About This Blog

I like food. A lot. In this blog, I will divulge all my delicious recipes, giving you a full list of ingredients, step-by-step instructions, and notes to help you successfully make the dish. Feel free to try these at home, and let me know how it went in the comments for the dish! If you have any questions, I will answer them as quickly as possible. If you use my recipe and discuss it on your site, please link back to this blog. Happy eating!

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Cheesy Velveeta Mac with Ground Beef Casserole



A simple, delicious, cheesy dinner. This is a modification of a version I found a recipe for a while ago in a magazine my mother sent me. The original recipe called for Kraft macaroni and cheese, but I thought it was unfortunately bland, and the beef was dry when using the instructions in the recipe. So I modified it, and it came out way better.
This made a really nice "easy dinner night" meal for my house, but it would also be great as a dish for get togethers. It also goes really nice on flour tortillas!

Ingredients:
1 box Velveeta shells and cheese
1 pound lean ground beef
Dried oregano
Salt
Ground black pepper
Garlic powder
Worcestershire sauce
Shredded mild cheddar cheese

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 F (about 175 C).
Cook Velveeta as directed on package.
As pasta cooks, add small amount of butter or oil to fry pan and bring to medium low heat. Add beef.
Add seasonings as desired.
Cook beef until no pink remains. Bring to low heat and stir occasionally.
When pasta is ready, pour into a casserole dish.
Drain beef of grease, add to casserole dish.
Stir mixture in dish until well mixed.
Add shredded cheese to top.
Put in oven and bake between 5 and 10 minutes, or until cheese on top is melted.
Serve with garlic bread or tortillas.

Notes:
The amounts in this recipe gave two nice-sized bowls as shown in the photo. If served as part of a larger meal, it will yield more servings.
Experiment with the cheesiness of this dish by adding more or less cheese, or different kinds. Since Velveeta cheese is sold in blocks in grocery store dairy sections, you may wish to add slabs of Velveeta for extra creamy cheesiness.
My biggest suggestion is to maintain moisture in the beef, so don't drain/cook off all of the grease. Dry beef can really kill this dish, so take care when you're removing the grease.

If you have any questions or comments about this recipe, feel free to leave them below!
Make sure you subscribe to this blog to keep up to date on all the yummies things happening in my kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment