About This Blog

I like food. A lot. In this blog, I will divulge all my delicious recipes, giving you a full list of ingredients, step-by-step instructions, and notes to help you successfully make the dish. Feel free to try these at home, and let me know how it went in the comments for the dish! If you have any questions, I will answer them as quickly as possible. If you use my recipe and discuss it on your site, please link back to this blog. Happy eating!

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Sweet Potato and Chorizo Hash


So, we can all pretty much agree that breakfast is the best meal of the day right? I mean, who doesn't love to get up in the morning and stuff delicious food in their face. I know I do. WHEN I WAKE UP.
Yeah, I'm not a morning person. At all. Like, I'm the person who sets an alarm with the intention of waking up in time for breakfast and a smoothie and then it goes off, and then I cuss my way to the alarm to reset it for another twenty minutes. And then I have to rush out the door and I'm lucky if I get a few spoonfuls of yogurt on the way.
Yeah, that's me.
I actually didn't even make this for breakfast. This was made for dinner. Breakfast for dinner is probably the best invention of all time. And for those of you saying it wasn't invented, shush. You're wrong.
Anyway, the idea for this stemmed from too many sweet potatoes in the house. Like, a ton. There's a time around Thanksgiving-ish when sweet potatoes go on sale for like, $0.33 a pound, and it's magical because that means I can eat all the sweet potatoes I want, which is a lot because I love those guys. And then there were some stragglers. Some sweet potatoes that made it past the "holy frig they're so cheap let's eat all of them!" hype, and I ended up staring at them like, what the heck am I going to do with these?
Enter hash. Kind of like home fries, but it has meat, so it's hash?? Something like that. Probably.
But I wanted chorizo because it's fabulous and flavourful and greasy and delicious.
And then BAM!
Sweet potato and chorizo hash. Top with some fried eggs, and you have a fabulous amazing brinner (breakfast+dinner = brinner) and I just wanted to eat it all day every day forever.
When my mouth gets better, I'm making this again.
The potatoes do take an ungodly amount of time to cook, though, so definitely throw those in first, and then add the chorizo when the potatoes just start to soften.

Ingredients
1 large or 2 small/medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
1 package chorizo, skins removed, cut small
salt, pepper, chili powder to taste
dried parsley
2 eggs per plate

Directions
To a wok or large pan over medium heat, add some vegetable oil and allow to heat.
Add potatoes and spices and cook, stirring often, until starting to soften.
Add chorizo. Cook until sweet potatoes are tender and chorizo is cooked through.
Fry two eggs per plate, sunny side up, being careful not to overcook. You want the yolk nice and loose still!
Add hash to plate, top with eggs, and garnish with parsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment